In the realm of desserts, there's a treat that stands out with its delicate sweetness and tropical flair - Pineapple Sheera. A delightful Indian dessert made with semolina, pineapple, and a touch of aromatic saffron, Pineapple Sheera is a symphony of flavors that instantly transports you to a tropical paradise. In this blog post, we're unveiling the secrets to creating this delectable dessert in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 1 Cup Semolina (Sooji)
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- A Pinch of Saffron Strands
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Nuts for Garnishing (Almonds, Cashews, and Raisins)
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces. Make 1/4 cup puree from this chopped pineapple and keep 1/4 cup pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, warm the milk and soak the saffron strands. Set aside for the saffron to infuse its vibrant color and aroma.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan or kadai, heat the ghee over medium heat. Add the semolina and roast it, stirring continuously, until it turns golden brown and emits a fragrant aroma. This step is crucial to achieving the perfect texture of the Pineapple Sheera.
- Add the pineapple puree to the roasted semolina. Continue to sauté for a few minutes until the pineapple puree blends with the semolina.
- Gradually add the sugar to the semolina. Stir well to combine and let the sugar dissolve.
- Pour in the saffron-infused milk along with the saffron strands. Mix thoroughly to distribute the saffron's beautiful color and aroma.
- Allow the mixture to cook on low heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. The Pineapple Sheera will gradually come together and thicken to a desirable consistency.
- Sprinkle in the cardamom powder and mix it into the sheera, enhancing its fragrance and flavor.
- As the Pineapple Sheera reaches its desired consistency, turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped nuts of your choice, adding a delightful crunch and visual appeal.
- Pineapple Sheera is best enjoyed warm. Serve it as a dessert or a sweet treat after a satisfying meal.
Pineapple Sheera is more than just a dessert; it's an experience that encapsulates the flavors of tradition and tropical delight. With its delicate balance of sweetness and the richness of ghee, this dessert is a testament to the culinary artistry of Indian cuisine. Invite the essence of warmth and sweetness into your home by preparing this Pineapple Sheera recipe - a taste of paradise that you won't be able to resist.