Summer is here, and with it comes the need for refreshing and delicious recipes that can cool us down. One such recipe that is perfect for hot summer days is Watermelon Chaat. It's a unique twist on the classic Indian chaat that combines the sweetness of watermelon with the tanginess of chaat masala and tamarind chutney. In this blog post, we'll show you how to make Watermelon Chaat step-by-step.
- 2 Cups Cubed Watermelon
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1/4 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Chutney
- 1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Step 1: Cut the watermelon into small cubes and add them to a Mixing Bowl.
- Step 2: Add chopped onions and boiled chickpeas to the Mixing Bowl.
- Step 3: Add tamarind chutney, Chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, black salt, and lemon juice to the bowl. Mix everything together until the watermelon cubes are coated with the spices and chutney.
- Step 4: Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves to the bowl and give it a final mix.
- Step 5: Serve the Watermelon Chaat in small Bowl or Plate, garnished with a few more mint and coriander leaves.
You can also add chopped tomatoes or pomegranate seeds for some extra freshness and crunch. If you like it spicier, you can add more red chili powder or chopped green chilies. Make sure the watermelon is ripe and sweet for the best results.
Watermelon Chaat is a perfect summer recipe that's refreshing, healthy, and easy to make. It's a great way to beat the heat and enjoy the flavors of India. So, next time you want to try something new and unique, give this Watermelon Chaat recipe a try and surprise your taste buds!