Raksha Bandhan, the festival that celebrates the bond between siblings, is the perfect opportunity to express your love and affection for your brother. This year, why not add a delightful twist to the traditional sweets you offer to your bhai (brother)? Presenting a recipe that blends the classic charm of gulab jamuns with the modern appeal of cupcakes – Gulab Jamun Cupcakes! These delectable treats are sure to make your Rakhi celebration even more special. Let's dive into the recipe and create a delightful surprise for your brother.
- 1 Cup Gulab Jamun Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rose Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pink food coloring powder
- A Pinch of Saffron Strands (Optional)
- Chopped Pistachios and Edible Rose Petals for Garnish
1. Preparing the Gulab Jamun Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gulab jamun mix and ghee.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture, a little at a time, and knead to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape them into bite-sized gulab jamun balls.
- Fry the gulab jamun balls in ghee until they turn golden brown. Let them cool.
2. Making the Cupcake Batter:
- Preheat the Oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a Cupcake Tray with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, vegetable oil, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- If using saffron strands, soak them in a tablespoon of warm milk and then add to the batter for a fragrant touch.
3. Rose Whipped Cream:
- Add ingredients to mixing bowl (heavy whipped cream, rose water, sugar and color).
- Whisk until stiff peaks form. In a Kitchen aid mixer, it only takes about 3 minutes on the highest setting. Topping is ready.
4. Assembling the Gulab Jamun Cupcakes:
- Fill each Cupcake liner with a spoonful of batter, filling them only halfway.
- Gently press a cooled gulab jamun ball into the center of each cupcake, ensuring it's slightly submerged in the batter.
- Top the gulab jamun ball with more cupcake batter until it's about three-quarters full.
5. Baking and Garnishing:
- Place the cupcake tray in the preheated Oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Once baked, let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frosting the cupcakes using a piping bag with a piping tip.Garnish with gulab jamun slices, crushed pistachios and rose petals.
6. Presentation and Celebration:
- Arrange the Gulab Jamun Cupcakes on a beautifully decorated plate.
- Tie a colorful rakhi around the plate or place a rakhi card alongside the cupcakes to add a personalized touch.
- Present this delightful Rakhi special sweet to your brother, and watch his face light up with joy and appreciation.
Gulab Jamun Cupcakes blend tradition and innovation to create a unique Rakhi sweet that's bound to make your brother's day even more memorable. This thoughtful treat not only embodies the essence of the festival but also showcases the love and effort you've put into crafting something special. So, this Raksha Bandhan, celebrate the cherished bond with your brother by surprising him with these Gulab Jamun Cupcakes – a delightful amalgamation of tradition and sweetness.