Welcome to the world of eggless baking, where delicious treats are created without the need for eggs. In this blog post, we will embark on a baking adventure, exploring the wonders of an eggless chocolate cake made with the nutritious goodness of wheat flour.
Eggless Chocolate Cake is a simple vegan recipe you’re sure to come back to time and again. Unbelievably soft and light, you won’t believe that this decadent, chocolatey sponge cake is actually made with healthy whole wheat flour.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Chopped (Any Dry Fruits You Like)
- Cinnamon Powder for Dusting and Garnish
- Icing Sugar, (for Dusting and Garnish)
- 6 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Butter or Coconut Butter
- 6 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix curd and oil in another large bowl and whisk to form a homogenous mixture.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. Mix well with a spatula till it forms a smooth creamy mixture. Now add the flour in batches into the creamed mixture.
- Continuously stir, scraping the sides and mix, till the flour is completely folded into the mixture before adding the next batch of flour.
- Make sure that the mixture is lump free. Once all the flour is incorporated into the cake batter, add water (less than one cup) slowly into the mixture to bring it to the dripping consistency.
- Add and fold in the chopped walnuts in the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake in the preheated Oven for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is cooked.
- Insert a toothpick into the cake at 2-3 places and if it comes out clean, then the cake is cooked.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate buttercream frosting. Add butter and sugar in a Saucepan.
- Cook on low medium heat till the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat. Now add the cocoa powder and the milk into the Saucepan. Stir and whisk continuously till you get a smooth and slightly thickened frosting.
- While the cake is still warm, spread the buttercream frosting over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours for the frosting to set.
- Serve the eggless chocolate cake as a delightful treat for any occasion. Enjoy!