When it comes to combating the scorching Indian summer, few drinks can rival the refreshing goodness of Aam Panna. This tangy and revitalizing raw mango cooler not only helps you stay hydrated but also provides a burst of flavor that is truly irresistible. In this blog post, we will take you through a step-by-step recipe to prepare this delightful summer drink. So, let's dive in and discover the magic of Aam Panna!
- 2 Large Raw Mangoes
- 10-12 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Black Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (Adjust to Taste)
- 4 Cups Chilled Water
- Step 1: Boil and prepare the raw mangoes. Peel the raw mangoes and cut them into small pieces. In a pot, add the mango pieces and enough water to cover them. Boil the mangoes until they become soft and pulpy, usually taking around 10-12 minutes.
- Step 2: Blend the mangoes and mint leaves. Allow the boiled mangoes to cool down. Once cooled, transfer the mango pieces to a Blender. Add the fresh mint leaves into the Blender as well. Blend until you obtain a smooth and thick mango-mint puree.
- Step 3: Prepare the Aam Panna concentrate. Strain the mango-mint puree through a sieve or strainer into a bowl. Use the back of a spoon to extract as much pulp as possible. Discard the fibrous residue left in the strainer. You should now have a smooth and vibrant Aam Panna concentrate.
- Step 4: Sweeten and spice it up. Add sugar to the Aam Panna concentrate and stir until it dissolves completely. Now, sprinkle the roasted cumin powder and black salt into the concentrate. Mix well to ensure all the flavors are evenly incorporated.
- Step 5: Dilute and chill In a jug or pitcher, pour chilled water and add the Aam Panna concentrate. Stir vigorously to combine the concentrate with the water. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness and tanginess according to your preference by adding more sugar or Aam Panna concentrate if needed. Add a handful of ice cubes to the pitcher to enhance the cooling effect. Refrigerate the Aam Panna for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 6: Serve and enjoy! Take out the chilled Aam Panna from the refrigerator. Give it a good stir before pouring into individual Glasses. Garnish each Glass with a sprig of fresh mint leaves. Serve the Aam Panna with additional ice cubes for an extra refreshing touch.
There you have it, a delightful and invigorating Aam Panna recipe to help you beat the Indian summer heat. This tangy raw mango cooler is not only a treat for your taste buds but also provides a boost of essential nutrients and electrolytes. So, whip up a batch of Aam Panna, sit back, and enjoy the tantalizing flavors of this traditional summer beverage. Stay cool and hydrated throughout the scorching months with this rejuvenating delight!